White Knight Lawyers offers legal services across the entire construction cycle – from tenders and sub-contractor agreements, to litigation and the adjudication of disputes.
Our experience in construction law includes:
- Acting for a special purpose vehicle with respect to its minor works agreement with the subsidiary of a listed company.
- Acting for a subcontractor in relation to its dispute with a head contractor regarding unpaid security retentions, unpaid variations, and allegations of incomplete and defective works. This involved successfully negotiating terms of settlement and drafting a deed of settlement and release.
- Acting as solicitor on the record for a defendant and cross-claimant in proceedings before the Local Court of New South Wales involving breaches of contract and misleading or deceptive conduct arising out of the performance of works under a construction contract. This involved our principal, Meena Hanna, successfully advocating a notice of motion before a Magistrate of the Local Court of New South Wales which sought an order that the proceedings be transferred to NCAT pursuant to section 48L(2) of the Home Building Act 1989 (NSW).
- Acting for a subcontractor in relation to its dispute with a superintendent regarding unpaid progress payment claims and a claim in quantum meruit.
- Assisting with reviewing and negotiating agreements for significant state projects including the M5 South West Widening Project, Wynyard Walk, and PPP toll road projects.