White Knight Lawyers is celebrating its second year of practice.
Our firm has grown significantly with the support of its clients and we have worked on very exciting legal engagements across diverse practice areas. More importantly, we have achieved some great results for our clients.
Some of the highlights for our second year include the following:
- Acting for defendants and cross-claimants in Supreme Court of NSW Equity Division proceedings with respect to the sale of a financial planning business. The matter involves a claim for declaratory relief and a cross-claim for breach of contract, innocent misrepresentation, unjust enrichment, and misleading or deceptive conduct, amongst other things. The proceedings are ongoing.
- Acting for applicant in Part IVC Administrative Appeals Tribunal proceedings against the Commissioner of Taxation and successfully setting aside the objection decision. The reasons for decision will be published shortly.
- Acting for respondent in NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal Internal Appeal proceedings. See Baserite Constructions Pty Ltd v Tanios  NSWCATAP 77.
- Acting for company in liquidation in respect of an aged debt and successfully obtaining default judgment for the whole claim together with costs and interest at a higher rate.
- Acting for plaintiff in District Court of NSW proceedings and successfully obtaining default judgment and an indemnity costs order and enforcing those orders.
- Acting for respondent in Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal proceedings in respect of a civil dispute and successfully settling the claim for a fraction of the claim value.
- Acting for respondent in NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal home building proceedings and successfully settling the claim on terms of performing insignificant remediation works.
- Acting for applicant in NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal home building proceedings involving relief for damages and an order that the applicant owes nothing more under the building contract. The proceedings are ongoing.
- Acting for an individual the subject of an undervalued transaction claim by the trustee of a bankrupt estate.
- Acting for the purchaser in the acquisition of franchise sold as a going concern including performing legal due diligence, negotiating terms of the purchase agreement with the vendor, and negotiating the terms of the lease and franchise agreement with landlord and franchisor respectively. The transaction successfully proceeded to completion.
- Acting for defendants in Local Court of NSW proceedings involving allegations of misleading or deceptive conduct and providing financial services without a licence. Our firm successfully settled the proceedings before the substantive hearing for a fraction of the claim value.
- Acting for individuals with respect to defamation claims against Internet search engine publishers and secondary publishers and successfully ceasing publication of defamatory content on the Internet.
- Acting for an individual with respect to licence suspension appeal and successfully reducing suspension period.
- Acting for defendant in District Court of NSW sentencing severity appeal and successfully reducing sentence.
- Acting for divorcee in effecting property transfer pursuant to Family Court of Australia orders.
Finally, we moved locations to a new office strategically located near the Sydney Law Courts Building.
It has been a big year for us and we hope to continue growing with the faith and support of our loyal clients.